
So, I'm definitely going to change my name, but let's just say I'm not enthused about it. I've had my name for 30 years! It's my identity. It was my byline in my previous profession. I'm a little attached.
Don't get me wrong, I love the whole idea of how changing my name will be the beginning of our family. And I can see how changing your name connects you more as a couple. But, I guess I'm just set in my ways and the thought of legally changing my name in two weeks freaks me out a little bit. And even though I'm going to use my maiden name as my middle name, everyone is still going to call me Angie Hislastname.
For a good half of our engagement, I was set on keeping my name, and Gentry, thankfully, was very supportive of this (he said he wouldn't want to change his name either). What changed my mind was that if we have children, I would want all of us to have the same name.
On the bright side, my new last name flows really nicely with my first name.

It's such an individual decision. I personally couldn't wait to change my name. Now, I'm not looking forward to changing it again, but it's just not cool to keep your ex-husband's name when you remarry. So you've decided to change it then?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments! Yep, I'm changing it. I think I'll get used to it eventually.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't bear the thought that my children would not have the same last name as me. And I love having his name. the name change process is super easy through missnowmrs.com, and I have a huge sense of pride with both my names. I think you'll like it more than you know now...
ReplyDelete